Attractions Africa Conference returns to Cape Town
The Attractions Africa Conference, following on from its runaway success last year, returns for a second time to Cape Town from June 3 to 4, 2015.
The must-attend Attractions Africa conference returns to Cape Town
This conference, which will be held at the exciting new Avenue at the V&A Waterfront, aims to bring together members of the attractions industry for two days of educational presentations by international speakers, who will share trends, benchmarks and best practice.
The programme of events includes networking opportunities, a social event for delegates at the prestigious Two Oceans Aquarium, as well as opportunities for rich discussions and sharing of experiences.
The list of guest speakers and topics to be discussed at Attractions Africa includes:
- 1 Bus, 101 attractions: observations on what works (Claus Tworeck, MD, City Sightseeing Tours)
- A scientific approach to F&B in attractions (David Russell, chair, The Russell Partnership)
- Current benchmarks and emerging markets: where in attractions will we see growth? (Karen Staley, vice-president, IAAPA Europe)
- Digitalisation in communication, sales and product development (Andreas Anderson, chair, IAAPA Europe; CEO and president, Liseberg Theme Park)
- Generating more revenue: the simplest thing I did (for less than R20K) that brought in significant revenue (panel discussion)
- How varied attractions handle seasonal employment and other HR-related issues (round-table discussion)
- The future of visitor attractions (Albert Postma, Professor of Scenario Planning, European Futures Institute, Stenden University)
- The power of digital marketing (Mariette du Toit-Helmbold, Destinate)
- The valuable role that attractions play in the tourism offering (City of Cape Town)
- Who and what is IAAPA and why is forming an association so important to the attractions industry? (Karen Staley, vice-president, IAAPA Europe)
The Cableway is proud to be a silver sponsor and founder of this innovative event, with MD Sabine Lehmann at the helm as chair of Attractions Africa. We look forward to seeing all of you there!
Register before 15 May for an early-bird discount.
For more information about Attractions Africa and the latest updates, visit www.attractionsafrica.co.za, or follow it on Twitter and join in on the conversation using the #Attractions15 hashtag.