Enjoy year-round access to Table Mountain, discounts and more!
If you love Table Mountain and use the cable car regularly, sign up for a Cable Card and save!
|Get free entrance to the Cableway, valid for one year from date of purchase|
|Visit the Cableway as often as you like, limited to one return trip per day, ie. one trip up and one trip down|
|Qualify for discounts on selected items at the Shop at the Top and the Table Mountain Café|
|Get a subscription to our quarterly e-newsletter|
Cable Card Adult Ticket
Cable Card Child Ticket
Cable Card Adult and Child Combo
Cable Card as a gift
Looking for that perfect gift for the outdoorsy, adventurous type? Purchase a Cable Card and give somebody a year-long opportunity to enjoy daily access to Table Mountain and the Cableway. Just bring along the ID number of the person receiving the gift, and we’ll provide you with a gift receipt.
Renew your Cable Card online or at the Lower Cable Station. Membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase, and you can renew one month prior to expiry. Please note that the Wild Card discount is not offered online.
- The Cable Card is available for adults and for children between 4 and 17
- We also offer an adult and child combo package at a discounted rate. The combo card can only be purchased from the Visitor Centre
- Purchase or renew your Cable Card online or at the Lower Cable Station between 08:30 and 16:00, Monday to Sunday (including public holidays) at the Visitor Centre
- Don’t forget to bring a valid South African ID (passport, birth certificate, ID book) or a valid passport for non-South Africans.
SANParks Wild Card holders enjoy a 20% discount on Cable Cards (available from our Visitor Centre only). Please note this is one discount per Wild Card holder only.
SANParks My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount on Cable Cards for adults only (available from our Visitor Centre only). Please note this is one discount per My Green Card holder only.
- For more information on the Cable Card, please email email@example.com or call +27 (0)21 424 0015
- Cable Cards are not transferable. Any Cable Card found in the possession of someone who is not the rightful owner, will be confiscated and cancelled
- You will not be allowed access to the Cableway if you do not have your card with you
- You may be asked to produce your card to verify your identity, via the photo on the card
- The card allows only one trip up and/or down on the Cableway per day
- If you’ve hiked up and the Cableway is closed, our normal operating rules apply and you would have to walk back down
- If you lose your card, contact the Cableway within 30 days on +27 (0)21 424 0015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a new card (R50 replacement fee)
- The Cableway will be closed for annual maintenance from late July to early August. You will not be able to use your Cable Card during this time.