Collette Van Aswegen
+27 (0)21 424 0015
Splash PR & Media Consultants
+27 (0)21 447 1208
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway receives a significant number of requests for support from journalists and photographers. To most effectively meet your editorial, film and photographic needs, we ask that you read the following guidelines before contacting us.
- Please give us as much lead-time as possible; at least one week would be helpful.
- Please include your name, address, email address and the contact details, website and brief description of the company/organisation you represent (if relevant).
- Please include the proposed date and time of your visit.
- Journalists and photographers should be prepared to submit a letter of assignment, on the publication’s letterhead, from their editor, indicating intent to publish their feature or article.
- Freelance writers and photographers need to provide two recently published travel-related articles, published within the last calendar year.
Television and film production company guidelines
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company welcomes the opportunity to work with commercial television and film production companies. To better assist you, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines when applying for permission to shoot on Table Mountain:
- All productions require a permit to film in the TMACC-managed area.
- This must be obtained by completing the online form. Further information can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- All requests must be sent at least two weeks in advance.
- Full payment must be received two working days before the shoot.
- In addition to TMACC’s permit, an additional SANParks permit will be required if filming takes place outside the TMACC-managed area. This permit can be obtained from Rey at SANParks on +27 (012) 426 5203, or contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact the Cape Town Film Commission for information on conducting film shoots in Cape Town: www.capefilmcommission.co.za.
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway can provide:
- Complimentary return tickets
- Interview opportunities
- Background information and statistics
- Images and videos of Table Mountain