The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway experience is a memorable one, and most visitors purchase souvenirs, gifts and clothing during their visit. There are four retail outlets, which stock a great selection of clothing, gifts and merchandise, from cheap and cheerful, to very posh.
You’ll find a great selection of Table Mountain Aerial Cableway-branded merchandise that is not available anywhere else in Cape Town, and can only be purchased from the Cableway stores.
Here are the four Table Mountain Aerial Cableway operated retail outlets:
- The main store is the “Shop at the Top”. It is located in a National Heritage stone building on the summit just next to the Table Mountain Café.
- There is also a “Little Shop at the Top”, which you will find to your left when you exit the cable car in the Upper Cableway Station. Both of these shops are open from when the first visitors come up on the cable car, and close when the last visitor leaves.
- The Visitor Centre is located at the Lower Cableway Station, adjacent to the ticket office. As well as providing visitor information, merchandise can also be purchased there.
- For last-minute purchases, there is an “Exit Shop” located in the Lower Cableway Station, as you leave the cable car. This opens slightly later than the outlets at the top, and closes once the last visitor has left.
Expect to find:
- Clothing including sweatshirts, caps, hats, t-shirts, aprons, scarves and socks for adults and children
- Mugs, tumblers, wine and shot glasses
- Table Mountain-shaped bottles filled with wine, sherry, schnapps and even bubble bath
- Tableware and dishtowels
- Souvenir spoons
- Postcards, posters, books and South African music CDs
- Soft toys
- Protea seeds
- Pens, lighters, key rings and fridge magnets
- Sunglasses, lip balm, sunblock
- Walking sticks
- Jewellery and beaded items
- Sweets and health bars
- Disposable cameras
- Phone cards to use at the public phones at the top
Purchase stamps from the shops and pop it into the postbox at the summit, where your letters or postcards will be franked with a unique Table Mountain stamp.
The shops accept credit cards and South African rands. If you need to withdraw money, there is an automatic teller machine situated inside the Upper Cableway Station.
If you would like to find out more about the retail items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.