2015 K-Way Platteklip Charity Challenge at Table Mountain: Five things you need to know
It’s the most exciting fitness event of the year and it's happening right here at Table Mountain, our wonder of nature: don’t miss the Platteklip Challenge on Saturday, 25 April 2015.
It’s going to be an amazing day as 200 keen athletes compete to see how many times they can summit Table Mountain via Platteklip Gorge, all in the name of charity.
The route is not for the faint-hearted, though. Contestants will need to navigate 800 double size steps over a distance of 2.1km to the summit of Table Mountain, run across to the Top Station to board a cable car and get down to the start of the race to begin it all over again, in two hours or less.
Last year’s energetic winner, AJ Calitz, broke a Guinness World Record by completing 14.5 summits in 12 hours. This year, it could be YOU!
Now in its fourth year, the Challenge is a popular event and is proudly supported by the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway. Our green team members also show their love for this annual event by participating in it.
Here are five things to you need to know about the K-Way Platteklip Charity Challenge:
- It’s a day of active fun: The Challenge starts at sunrise and ends at sunset which means you have an entire day of active fun ahead of you! Bring along your friends and family to cheer you on
- Raising R800 000 for charity is the aim of the day: Each year the challenge raises funds for a worthy charity. This year’s beneficiary is the South African Education and Environment Project
- Refreshments and cable car tickets will be provided: The Cableway is generously providing drinks, and tickets for all challenge participants
- It’s all about team spirit: This year’s event will include a corporate challenge too, and will see companies entering teams of five to compete against other companies for a floating trophy and the most laps per team. Email email@example.com to enter your team!
- Take a selfie and win BIG: Put those Instagram and Twitter skills to good use by posting your challenge selfie and tagging @TableMountainCa, @PlatteklipCC and @kway_za for your chance to win a Cable Card and year-round access to Table Mountain, worth R535
We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Platteklip Charity Challenge! For more information, please visit www.charitychallenge.co.za.