Enter our latest Sunset Special competition and win a party on the mountain
The Sunset Special is back, which means tickets are half-price from 6pm today – hooray!
Last year, to encourage visitors to take advantage of the Sunset Special, we ran a competition asking for your best sunset photos – and we were blown away by the entries we received on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Check out some of the best ones here. The winner was Brendon Wainwright, and his prize was a party on Table Mountain for him and nine of his friends, enjoying drinks and snacks provided by us, along with unforgettable views of an African sunset from the Upper Cable Station.
Here’s the good news: we’re giving away that same prize again this year!
How to enter
To win your own party on Table Mountain, we want you to get creative on Instagram Video and Vine. Show/tell us why you love Table Mountain, upload your video with the hashtag #SunsetSpecial, and that’s it, you are entered.
Remember that videos on Instagram are 15 seconds long, and videos on Vine are only six seconds long, so use your time wisely. The videos will be chosen on their originality and creativity. You can download the apps here if you haven’t yet installed them on your Android, iPhone or Windows Phone:
Here are some examples of short videos taken by people on Table Mountain recently:
Winners will be announced on Monday, 3 February 2014.
Please read through the terms and conditions below before entering. Good luck, and may the best video win!
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to anyone (besides Cableway staff and their immediate families), but the winner must be available to redeem the prize at the Table Mountain Cableway between 4 and 28 February 2014
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash
- The prize includes return tickets for the cable car for 10 people, limited drinks and snacks provided by the Cableway, and a private area to host a party
- By entering the competition, you give Table Mountain Cableway permission to use your share your video on its website and social media platforms, with the correct attribution
- Entrants must post their own videos, and cannot post videos from previous Sunset Special competitions
- The judges will select the winning video based on originality and creativity
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition closes at 12h00 on 31 January 2014, and the winner will be announced on Monday, 3 February 2014