New7Wonders yellow frames get a makeover
Starting today, our New7Wonders of Nature yellow frames will vanish, one by one, from their iconic locations at Signal Hill, the V&A Waterfront, Eden on the Bay in Blouberg, the Cape Town Station, Harrington Square and Lookout Hill in Khayelitsha. But don't be alarmed, our quirky frames are simply getting a makeover and will be restored soon!
The first frame, on Signal Hill, will be removed today – Tuesday, 5 April 2016 – and returned on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 with a fresh coat of paint.
Table Mountain was inaugurated as one of the world's New7Wonders of Nature in 2012 and as part of the N7W legacy project, a series of frames were installed around Cape Town to provide visitors with the perfect vantage point for taking a picture of themselves, friends and family with Table Mountain as a spectacular backdrop. We still regularly receive quirky photos taken at the frames, which can be submitted here.
Don’t miss the opportunity to get your must-have N7W yellow frame photos. Here is the schedule for the removal and installation of the frames:
- Signal Hill: removal on 5 April, installation on 12 April
- V&A Waterfront: removal on 12 April, installation on 19 April
- Eden on the Bay: removal on 19 April, installation on 26 April
- Cape Town Station: removal on 26 April, installation on 3 May
- Harrington Square: removal on 3 May, installation on 10 May
- Lookout Hill, Khayelitsha: removal on 10 May, installation on 17 May