Table Mountain named as one of Telegraph Travel’s most beautiful mountains in the world
It’s no secret that here at the Cableway, we consider our mountain the most gorgeous peak on the planet – and the Telegraph Travel agrees with us: they’ve just named Table Mountain one of the world’s most beautiful mountains.
The Telegraph Travel list, which was published on 14 July 2015, sees our iconic attraction in prestigious company, with Cerro Torre in Argentina, Mount Kailash in China and Tre Cime di Lavaredo in Italy among the 18 mountains named.
“An obvious choice, but one that can't be ignored. It is one of Cape Town's biggest tourist attractions, with a cable car taking visitors to the top,” says the Telegraph Travel.
The complete list of mountains is as follows:
- Alpamayo, Peru
- Mount Damavand, Iran
- Stetind, Norway
- Cerro Torre, Argentina/Chile
- Licancabur, Chile/Bolivia
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Italy
- Kirkjufell, Iceland
- Laila Peak, Pakistan
- Mount Kailash, China
- The Eiger, Switzerland
- Mount Roraima, Venezuela/Brazil
- Mount Machhapuchchhre, Nepal
- El Capitan, USA
- Benbulben, Ireland
- Mount Fitz Roy, Chile/Argentina
- Table Mountain, South Africa
- Mount McKinley/Denali, USA
- The Black Cuillin, Scotland
Keen to see our officially beautiful mountain up close? Book your Cableway tickets online here.