The sky’s your limit with Cableway’s Cable Card
Editor's Note: this is an outdated blog post from 2017. For current prices and renewal for 2020 COVID19 affected members, please visit our Cable Card page.
Calling all outdoorsy and adventurous types: purchasing a Table Mountain Cableway Cable Card for R590 entitles you to one cable-car return trip a day, for 365 days. That works out to around R1.60 per trip.
So, if the mountain is your happy place or you just love savouring the 360-degree views from high above the Mother City, there’s a Cable Card with your name on it. Some things to consider:
- With your R590 year-round access card you can make Cableway’s Wi-Fi Lounge your very own sky-high office. With free internet, delicious coffee and a range of seating, it’s one of the hottest desks in town
- Cable Cards for children under 17 years cost R300
- You can buy an adult and child combo Cable Card for just R690. A regular return trip up the mountain costs R255 for adults and R125 for children under 17. So if you’re planning to go up the mountain as a family more than twice a year, it’s a no-brainer
- Cable Card holders skip the Ticket Office queue
- SANParks Wild Card and adult My Green Card holders enjoy 20% discount on Cable Cards
- If you have a Cable Card, you qualify for discounts on selected items at the Shop at the Top and Table Mountain Café
Buy your Cable Card online or from the Lower Cable Station Visitor Centre and give yourself year-round access to Table Mountain. You will need a valid South African identification document, or a passport if you are not South African.
Please note: We will not be issuing any refunds on cable card purchases.