Enjoy two free audio tours at the mountain
Together with VoiceMap, Table Mountain has launched two free audio tours ahead of the summer months.
Last year, we introduced a single audio tour and, on the back of its success and user feedback, we've now split it. The first audio tour is called Lower Cableway Station Audio Guide: In-Queue Entertainment, and the second one is titled Upper Cableway Station Audio Guide: Tabletop Walking Tour. Both audio tours can be downloaded to your mobile device for free from the VoiceMap application, using our free WiFi.
About the Lower Cableway Station Audio Guide: In-Queue Entertainment
- The self-guided tour is 30 minutes long and covers 293m
- Discover the stories and legends of Table Mountain while waiting in the queue at the Lower Cableway Station. You'll also hear about the Cape Town Big 7 – the city's top attractions
- You can start this tour anywhere in the cable car queue at the Lower Cableway Station
About the Upper Cableway Station Audio Guide: Tabletop Walking Tour
- The self-guided tour is 30 minutes long and covers 2km
- Experience the top of Table Mountain like never before on an audio walking tour filled with local insights. You'll meet the team behind the Cableway, share in the mountain's secrets, and find out why Capetonians have such a special relationship with this iconic landmark
- This tour starts outside the Upper Cableway Station, at the top of Table Mountain. Please buy your tickets and take the cable car to the summit before starting the tour
- You'll need earplugs to listen to the audio tours on your mobile device
- Buy your tickets online to skip the ticket queue
- Wear comfortable shoes and a peak cap/hat
- Apply suncreen and stay hydrated (especially in the summer months)
- Pack in something warm to wear (it can get chilly at the top)
For a step-by-step guide on how to download the VoiceMap application to your mobile device, click here.
Please remember, the Cableway operates weather permitting. To avoid disappointment, visit our homepage for status updates or follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Alternatively, give us a call on +27 (0)21 424 8181.