Find the Easter Bunny and his magical friends at the Cableway
Hatch a plan to make your way up Table Mountain for an egg-cellent time this Easter as the Easter Bunny, and his magical friends, invite families to join them at the Cableway’s Lower and Upper Stations for adventure-filled outdoor fun from Friday, 30 March until Monday, 2 April 2018.
Young visitors will receive activity books, and be provided with in-queue entertainment, including buskers, magicians and face painters, for the whole family to enjoy on 30 March, 31 March and 2 April from 10am to 2pm.
Let the kids put their inner-explorer to the test with a free Easter egg hunt between10am and 2pm on 1 April (Easter Sunday). Provided with their first clue at the Lower Station, and with a trail of clues leading them to different characters around the Upper Station, each step will put the kids one step closer to the Easter Treasure.
What you need to know about the VAT increase and the Cableway:
Due to the increase on VAT from 14% to 15%, the Cableway is encouraging visitors to take note of the following pricing:
- Standard return ticket rates until 31 March 2018: R290 for adults and R140 for children and teens under 18 years of age.
- Standard return ticket rates from 1 April – 30 September 2018: R293 for adults and R141 for children and teens under 18 years of age.
Visitors can purchase tickets online or at the Lower Station Ticket Office. Hint: online ticket holders can join the queue to board the cable cars immediately upon arrival.
Some tips to make your Easter Cableway experience even better:
- Park and ride: Leave your car in the parking lot at the bottom of Tafelberg Road. From there you can catch the free MyCiTi shuttle to the Lower Cableway Station. Shuttles depart every 30 minutes between 7am and 7pm.
- Free 30-minute guided tours depart from the Twelve Apostles Terrace, below the Shop at the Top and Table Mountain Café, on the hour from 9am to 3pm daily.
- There is FREE WiFi at the Lower Cableway Station. Use of this allows visitors to download the free Table Mountain Cableway audio tours via the Voicemap app (available from the Apple or Google Play stores). Once downloaded, these tours run offline. They’ll provide you with further in-queue entertainment at the bottom and enable you to explore the top of the mountain at your leisure.
Fun is the word of the weekend at the Cableway this Easter . . . hop to it!
The Cableway operates weather permitting. For more information or to find out if the Cableway is open, what the queuing times are, and what the weather conditions at the top are like, visit our homepage, follow us on Facebook and Twitter or call us at +27 (0)21 424 8181.